- Pick your wedding date.
- Announce engagement; if desired, send engagement photo to local newspaper.
- Stock up on, and browse through wedding magazines, websites and books.
- Discuss with your fiancÚ ideas for wedding and honeymoon; include budget and draft gift list.
- Choose ceremony location, meet and plan with officiant (remember to discuss/find out if pre-marital counseling is wanted or required).
- Begin looking for and meeting with possible reception locations; book ASAP. (Remember, reception locations vary on how far out they are booked, anywhere from 1 year to 6 months out is typical, so don't wait.)
- Narrow down where you want to register and what the two of you will need to begin a new life together.
- Finalize budget you would like to work with.
- Decide on wedding party (bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girl, etc.).