Since 2010, Kohl's has partnered with the American Cancer Society and the Southeast Wisconsin Affiliate of Susan G. Komen, donating more than $8.7 million to the fight against breast cancer, including $1.2 million funded through Kohl's Cares®, the company's philanthropic platform.
American Cancer Society
- The American Cancer Society is a nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem by preventing cancer, saving lives, and diminishing suffering from cancer through research, education, advocacy, and service. For more information, visit www.cancer.org.
- The Kohl's Breast Health for Women program, available through a partnership between Kohl's Cares and American Cancer Society, focuses on keeping women healthy, reducing their risk of getting breast cancer, providing access to breast cancer screenings and supporting women diagnosed with breast cancer to make informed decisions about their care and address barriers to treatment. Program components include:
- Online and print tools and resources for all women to learn more about their breast health.
- Outreach community health workers focused on providing breast health education and screening resources to underserved women.
- Support and services, including transportation and lodging assistance, to breast cancer patients.
- Kohl's is the local sponsor of the Milwaukee Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (MSABC) walk and Flagship sponsor for Fox Valley, Green Bay and Eau Claire MSABC walks.
- For more information about our partnership, visit www.acskohlsbreasthealth.com.
Southeast WI Affiliate of Susan G. Komen
- Susan G. Komen is the only breast cancer organization attacking the disease on all fronts: in research, community outreach, education, advocacy and global work. Over the past 14 years, Susan G. Komen Southeast Wisconsin has invested millions of dollars in cutting-edge breast cancer research, as well as screening, treatment and support for tens of thousands of local, low-income and uninsured women. For more information visit Komensoutheastwi.org.
- Kohl's partnership with the Southeast WI Affiliate of Susan G. Komen includes multiple components with programs focused on increasing education, driving awareness and encouraging women to take action for their breast health.
- Kohl's Conversations for the Cure is a grassroots-based education program aimed at increasing breast health screenings for women in SE WI.
- Kohl's SE WI Breast Health Assistance Fund provides financial support to women who need breast health screenings or access to treatment.
- Kohl's is the local sponsor of the Southeast WI Race for the Cure event.
- For more information about our programs and partnership, visit www.kohlsconversationsforthecure.org.