How to Request Volunteers and Apply for a Grant
Eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations can request volunteers electronically through our Grant Management System. Qualifying nonprofits need to register for an account in order to submit a request and manage events online.
What are the system requirements?
The Grant Management System supports the following Web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6 or greater
- Mozilla Firefox 4 or greater
- Google Chrome
How do I access the system?
You can access the Grant Management System from any device with an internet connection using the following link:
If you have difficulties accessing the system, please check your browser settings and ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled.
How do I register for an account?
- Go to http://gms.kohls.com
- Click the “Nonprofits” link in the middle of the page
- Click “Search”
- Enter your nonprofit's nine-digit Employer Identification Number (EIN), as assigned by the IRS, in the following format: 123456789
- Click “Search”
If no results populate, ensure you are entering the correct EIN in the correct format (123456789). If you continue to receive no results, please follow up with the IRS directly to verify your organization's 501(c)(3) status.
- Select your organization
- Complete the “Organization Registration” page and click “Save”
- Your login information will be sent to the email you registered with
It can take up to 30 minutes to receive your login information.
How do I navigate the new Grant Management System?
Once you are logged into the Grant Management System, please reference the eLearning and User Guide in the “Resources” tab. These resources will walk you through the process of submitting a request for volunteers and managing your events electronically at all stages.