Kohl’s mission is to be the leading family-focused, value-oriented, specialty department store offering quality exclusive and national brand merchandise to the customer in an environment that is convenient, friendly and exciting. As an extension of our core values, Kohl's aspires to provide equal access to business opportunities for minority- and women-owned suppliers. This inclusive strategy enables us to better support our customers, associates and community.
If you would like Kohl's to know that you are a minority- and/or women-owned supplier, we have partnered with the below agencies whose mission is identifying minority- and/or women-owned businesses.
National Minority Supplier Development Council, Inc. (NMSDC)
1040 Avenue of the Americas, Second Floor
New York, NY 10018
Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
1120 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20036
Definitions (provided by NMSDC and WBENC)
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
A minority-owned business is a for-profit enterprise, regardless of size, physically located in the United States or its trust territories, which is owned, operated and controlled by minority group members.
- “Minority group members” are United States citizens who are Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, African-American, Latino or Native American.
- Ownership by minority individuals means the business is at least 51% owned by such individuals or, in the case of a publicly owned business, at least 51% of the stock is owned by one or more such individuals.
- In addition, the management and daily operations are controlled by those minority group members.
- Certification is performed by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
Women's Business Enterprise (WBE)
A women-owned business is a for-profit enterprise 51% owned, operated and controlled by United States citizens who are female.
- Business formation and principal place of business are in the United States or its territories.
- Management and daily operations are controlled by one or more of the women owners.
- Certification is performed by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC).
For more information regarding Kohl’s Supplier Diversity Initiative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a Kohl's supplier? Please visit our Supplier Registration Page.
Already an approved supplier?
Update your profile.