- Headquarters: Menomonee Falls, Wis. – a suburb of Milwaukee
- Founding Year: 1962
- Mission: To be the leading family-focused, value-oriented, specialty department store offering quality exclusive and national brand merchandise to the customer in an environment that is convenient, friendly and exciting.
- Tagline: expect great things
- Kohl’s is one of the nation’s most recognized retailers for customer satisfaction and has earned the trust and loyalty of shoppers by combining well-known brands, value and convenience.
- Web sites: www.kohls.com and www.kohlscorporation.com
Associates and Locations
- Stores: 1,067 in 49 states
- Distribution Centers: 11 in nine states
- Other Buildings: Kohl’s operates one of the largest retail photo studios in the country and a Design Center in New York City where we manage design development for some of our exclusive brands.
- Growth: Kohl's plans to open 30 new stores and remodel 85 locations in 2010.
- Number of associates: approximately 130,000
- Kohl's Corp. common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol KSS.
- Kohl's Corp. is an S&P Fortune 500 company.
- Annual sales:
- 2005: $13.4 billion
- 2006: $15.5 billion
- 2007: $16.5 billion
- 2008: $16.4 billion
- 2009: $17.1 billion
- Chairman, President & CEO: Kevin Mansell
- Senior Executive Vice President – merchandising: Donald Brennan
- Senior Executive Vice President – store administration: John Worthington
- Chief Financial Officer: Wes McDonald
- Chief Marketing Officer: Julie Gardner