Getting Kids Excited about Volunteering
Research shows that youth who volunteer are
twice as likely to volunteer as adults! Volunteering helps youth
learn and form values, a positive work ethic and respect for others.
Additionally, it is often an effective resume and college application
Here are a few ways to help get kids excited
- Help them pick a volunteer activity or project that incorporates
their interests and allows them to utilize their talents, skills
- Encourage them to research more than one volunteer opportunity.
- Support their decision and let them know that you're proud
- Volunteer with them if they are apprehensive.
- Asks questions about their volunteer project to show you are
- Encourage them to discuss what they're doing and what they're
- Share positive volunteer experiences of your own or friends
and family with them.
Getting started on a volunteer project
Learn how to determine what type of volunteer activity is best for you and how to get started!
Finding a volunteer project that's right for you
Learn how to find a volunteer project that matches your interests and skills!
Getting kids excited about volunteering
Learn how to build kids' interest and energy for volunteering!
Taking time to reflect on your decisions and experiences is an important part of all steps of volunteering; before, during and after!