Every year, Kohl's recognizes and rewards young volunteers across the country for their amazing contributions to their communities. Since 2001, Kohl's has recognized more than 17,500 kids with nearly $3.5 million in scholarships and prizes. In 2013, Kohl's will award an additional 2,300 kids with over $425,000 in scholarships and prizes.
How does it work?
- Students must be between the ages of 6 and 18 (as of March 15, 2013) and not yet a high school graduate.
- The student's volunteer actions should be described in detail on the nomination form.
- Volunteer efforts must have occurred in the last year.
- Winners will be chosen based on the benefits and outcomes of their volunteer service.
- Nominators must be 21 or older.
What can they win?
- Store winners will each be awarded a $50 Kohl's Gift Card.
- Regional winners will each be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for higher education.
- National winners will each be awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships. Plus, Kohl's will donate $1,000 to a nonprofit organization of the student's choice.