Each year you will be required to submit a program proposal that tells Kohl's what community outreach program you will be proposing to execute with the designated grant amount. Below are the steps included in the program proposal process.
- Step 1:
- February–March. We will continue to utilize the Hospital Grant Management System:
- If you have already registered for the Grant Management system for this year's proposal, there is no need to re-register.
- If you are a new hospital partner, please register your hospital via the system to be able to submit a proposal.
- If you are a new contact at an existing Hospital partner, please register using the EIN the program is associated with; this can be found on your prior proposal overview. To verify the EIN, email your Kohl’s Hospital Team contact.
- Step 2:
- Proposal Due Date (March–May): You will receive an email with instructions for logging into GMS for your donation amount and to begin your proposal.
- You cannot begin working on a program proposal until you receive this email.
- Step 3:
- March–April: Proposal deadlines - Submit a new program proposal, program budget and supporting documents.
- Submit a new proposal and budget by logging into the grant management system with your email address and password.
- You may only submit one program proposal per season using the entire donation amount for one program.
- Attach required supporting documents, such as; a 501(c)(3) letter, hospital naming policy (if applicable), program logo, collateral, etc.
- Step 4:
- March–September: Kohl's will review and approve all program proposals.
- Kohl's may reach out to you if additional information is needed for your proposal.
- Once reviews are complete, you will be notified of approval via email.
- Step 5:
- Post Approval: Program Funding Check Sent.
- Upon approval of your proposal and budget, your funding check will be mailed.
- Process is complete and we will be in contact for follow-up on the items outlined in your approval email.
The Kohl’s Hospital program is constantly evolving and changing to enhance the impact we make through our partnerships in the local communities! Throughout the year, be on the lookout for emails from the Kohl’s Hospital team to provide information on your current program status and key dates/deliverables such as: program follow-ups; new merchandise reminders; feedback surveys; store partnership announcements and much more!