Although you may already be an established partner, each year of partnership you will be required to submit a Program Proposal that tells Kohl's what community outreach program you will be proposing to execute with that year's grant. Below are details of steps included in the Program Proposal process.
- Step 1:
- Step 2:
- Early-March: You will receive a Donation Letter that will tell you the donation amount you will receive that year.
- You cannot submit a Program Proposal until you have this donation amount.
- You must submit one Program Proposal using the entire donation amount for one program.
- Step 3:
- April: Proposal deadlines - submit a new Program Proposal.
- Submit a new application by entering your current email address and password.
- Returning applicants may access saved applications by entering email address and password.
- Attach a 501(c)(3) letter, required Kohl's budget template, hospital naming policy (if applicable) and story/photo.
- Step 4:
- April through August: Kohl's will review and approve all Program Proposals (approx. 8-10 week process per proposal).
- During these months, you will hear from the Kohl's contact or Kohl's agency contact who is reviewing your proposal to follow up on any additional information needed from you.
- Once reviews are complete, you will be notified of approval via e-mail.
- Step 5:
- Donation Announcement Event Form approval/2013 Donation Check
- Once you receive your approval, you will be required to complete the Donation Announcement Event (DAE) within GMS. You will work with our PR department during this time.
- Upon approval of the event, your actual check will be sent to you.
- After your DAE has occurred, you will need to send us a recap of the event (again within GMS).
- Process is complete and we will be in contact for follow-up on the items outlined in your approval email.
Proposal season starts March 1, 2013. In 2013, we will be implementing a new Hospital Grant Management System. Please register your Hospital via the new system to be able to submit a proposal for 2013. The Hospital Grant Management System can be accessed at: http://gms.kohls.com.
Once in the System, please review the Hospital Program eLearning which walks you through the entire proposal and approval process.
Monthly, you will receive a Hospital Partner Update e-mail from the Kohl's contact to remind you of current program status and key dates/deliverables.