At Kohl's, we believe that everybody has the ability to make a difference. Through our Associates in Action volunteer program, our Associates continue to positively impact our local communities by volunteering with qualifying youth-serving, ages birth to 18 years, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations as classified by the IRS. In Wisconsin, Associates are also encouraged to help make a difference in women's health by volunteering with qualifying Wisconsin-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that focus on breast cancer as classified by the IRS. In support of our Associates' volunteer efforts, Kohl's will provide a $500 grant to qualifying organizations.
Since 2001, program efforts have resulted in more than:
- 176,000 Volunteer Events
- $97 Million in Grants
- 1 Million Associate Volunteers
- 3.2 Million Volunteer Hours
To qualify for an Associates in Action $500 grant:
- A minimum of five Kohl's Associates from one Kohl’s location must volunteer for a minimum of three consecutive hours in one day
- The activity must benefit a qualifying youth-serving, ages birth to 18 years, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (or Wisconsin-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that focuses on breast cancer)
- Funds must be used to directly support youth, ages birth to 18 years, community-wide (or breast cancer initiatives for women in the larger Wisconsin community)
As our program is volunteer based, Associates may not be able to participate in every request; however, according to Associates, the number one reason for volunteering is "because someone asked."
Please submit requests 4-6 weeks in advance of your event.